Advisory, Restructuring & Insolvency Assistant Manager/Associate
Baker Tilly is looking for exceptional candidates to join the busy Advisory, Restructuring & Insolvency team.
The team works on sophisticated cross-border insolvency, dispute resolution and asset tracing assignments as well as bespoke advisory assignments and solvent wind downs. Your casework is likely to include hedge funds, UHNW family offices and major international corporations. This is an opportunity to enhance your career with significant international experience, as well as enjoying an excellent quality of life in the Caribbean.
We pride ourselves on our integrity, tenacity and commerciality and this dynamic environment offers extensive scope for career progression and reward. Reporting directly to the Insolvency Practitioners, you will be expected to act confidently in making decisions, conduct cases with a high level of autonomy and deal with high profile clients at all levels, employing discretion and professionalism in performing duties.
Our firm is the oldest firm of chartered accountants in the territory and is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, which is currently represented by 165 independent member firms in 141 countries and brings together 28,000 people in 745 offices worldwide. As published by the International Accounting Bulletin, Baker Tilly International is ranked 8th globally by combined revenues of its member firms and is the fastest growing of the top ten networks.
- Assisting clients and their legal representatives to place companies into insolvency proceedings or solvent liquidation;
- Liaising with lawyers, fund managers, directors, registered agents and regulatory bodies;
- Preparation of statutory documents and ensuring that all statutory filing and other requirements are completed for each case;
- Assisting in the identification, locating and recovery of assets;
- Adjudicating creditor and investor claims;
- Calculating and paying distributions to creditors and shareholders;
- Drafting reports;
- Maintaining financial records and accounts of insolvent companies;
- Participating in business development initiatives;
- A high degree of autonomy in case management;
- Working to tight deadlines and ready to travel at short notice.
Successful candidates will have:
- Significant restructuring, insolvency or forensic accounting experience at a leading firm;
- ACA/ACCA, CA/CPA, CAIRP, HKCPA CPI or JIEB (or similar) qualification;
- Commercial acumen with some management experience;
- Excellent time management and case management;
- Strong computer skills, particularly Excel;
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written);
- Flexible team player with a strong work ethic.
Please apply with a cover letter, curriculum vitae and references to:
P.O. Box 650
Tropic Isle Building
Road Town, Tortola
British Virgin Islands VG 1110